Highlights of the resolution
The resolution grants companies that are affected by COVID-19, the right to restructure their contractual relationship mutually with employees according to the following gradual five procedures:
- implementing a remote work system
- granting employees a paid leave
- granting employees unpaid leave
- reducing salaries temporarily during the aforementioned period – in such a case, the company must sign an additional annexure that is limited to the agreed-upon term, or as long as the ministry’s resolution remains valid, whichever is earlier.
- reducing salaries permanently – in such a case, the company should first obtain the ministry’s approval by applying for a modification of an employment contract’s data.